Who are We?
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Cmed Group Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’) is the ‘data controller’ (ie the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Consent and Notification of Changes
Information Collection and Use
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Web Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Web Site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Web Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey (see below for more detail), and when you report a problem with our Web Site. Information you give us may include contact information (such as name, email, phone number and shipping address), and demographic information (such as postal code).
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Web Site we will automatically collect the following information (Log Files):
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Web Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Use of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, or if you have given permission, we may contact you by mail, telephone, sms, email or other electronic means about different products or services, or about promotions or special offers, that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See further ‘Your rights’, below;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our Web Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Web Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis of trends, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Web Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Web Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Web Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Sensitive Data. You may give us sensitive personal data such as biometric data, health information and medical records.
Information about other individuals. If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices; and
Disclosure and Sharing of Your Information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group. (You can obtain a full list of our group members by contacting us using the contact information at the end of this policy.)
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Web Site;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Cmed Group Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Surveys and Contests
From time to time, our Web Site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name, email and shipping address), and demographic information (such as postal code). If you give us personal information about somebody else, such as a spouse or work colleague, we will assume that you have their permission to do so. In the case of contests, contact information may be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information may be used to monitor or improve the use and satisfaction of this Web Site.
Newsletters and Email Privacy
Why did you receive an email from us?
If you received a mailing from us, (a) your email address is either listed with us as someone who has expressly shared this address for the purpose of receiving information in the future (“opt-in”), (b) you have registered or purchased or otherwise have an existing relationship with us, or © we have rented an email list from a list owner to whom you have given permission to send third-party promotional email. We respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our mailings.
How can you stop receiving email from us?
Each email sent contains an easy way for you to cease receiving email from us. If you wish to do this, simply follow the instructions at the end of any email. Or you can contact us using the contact information at the end of this policy. If you have received unwanted, unsolicited email sent via this system or purporting to be sent via this system, please forward a copy of that email with your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Storage and Transfer
You can obtain more information about the locations where your data is stored and transferred to by contacting us using the contact information at the end of this policy.
Data Integrity and Security
The Company uses extensive security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of data located on our systems. We implement appropriate measures and processes, such as using encryption when transmitting certain sensitive information, to help us to keep your information secure and to maintain its quality. We regularly review our security and related policies to adapt the technology as new threats evolve, and monitor our systems to help ensure the highest level of availability.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Web Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
If you have any questions about the security at our Web Site, you can send an email at email@example.com
We only keep your information for so long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. Therefore, once we have completed the service requested and contracted by you we will delete or archive the information. Information that is archived is anonymised and kept for statistical analysis purposes.
Links to Other Web Sites
This Web Site contains links to other sites that are not operated by The Company. Please be aware that the Company is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Web Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web Site (cmedresearch.com).
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure. As a result, while we always use all reasonable efforts to protect the personal information you provide to us, we cannot guarantee the security of your information and the submission of data is thus at your own risk. Please be aware that in certain circumstances, it is possible that personal information may be subject to disclosure pursuant to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, or orders.
Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing. Even if you have accepted the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes (by ticking the relevant box), you have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for such purposes. Let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone).
Right to request a copy of your information. You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or it, please contact us and let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them. Any subject access request may be subject to a reasonable fee to cover the cost of providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Right to correct any mistakes in your information. You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please contact us and let us know the information that is incorrect and the information you want it replaced with.
Right to request we cease processing your information. You may request that we cease processing your personal data. If you make such a request, we shall retain only the amount of personal data pertaining you that is necessary to ensure that no further processing of your personal data takes place.
Right to request deletion of your information. You can ask us to erase all your personal data (also known as the “right to be forgotten”) in the following circumstances:
- it is no longer necessary for the Manager to hold that Personal Data with respect to the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed;
- you wish to withdraw your consent to us holding and processing your personal data;
- you object to us holding and processing your personal data (and there is no overriding legitimate interest to allow us to continue doing so);
- the personal data has been processed unlawfully; or
- the personal data needs to be erased in order for us to comply with a particular legal obligation.
Unless we have reasonable grounds to refuse to erase your personal data, all requests for erasure shall be complied with.
If you have any complaints about the way in which we collect, store and use your information and these have not been addressed by contacting us first, you can contact the supervisory authority in the United Kingdom, the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/